Dysmenorrhea (painful periods) is not dangerous because it is not life-threatening. But period pain negatively affects the quality of life.
- Period pain is responsible for school absenteeism.
- Painful periods affect participation and performance in sports.
- Extreme period pain makes many women unable to do household activities.
- Period cramps also bring down office productivity due to women reporting absent.
Dysmenorrhea could also be an indication of the following diseases of the reproductive system:
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts
It is important to treat these gynaecological problems related to period pain, as they affect a women’s ability to reproduce.
Though not dangerous, dysmenorrhea (painful periods) needs to be considered critical and be treated. We recommend you to know dysmenorrhea (painful periods) causes, symptoms and treatment with these 3 posters from #WhySufferSilenltly
Do you have any of the following questions?
- How do you treat dysmenorrhea?
- How do I prevent dysmenorrhea?
- Why are my periods so painful?
- How do I get rid of period pain?
- What helps period cramps go away fast?
Disclaimer: The contents of this blog have been simplified to enable an elementary understanding of dysmenorrhea (painful periods). This blog does not constitute medical advice.