“Dysmenorrhea” is used commonly by doctors and medical fraternity. In everyday language dysmenorrhea means Painful Periods or Period Pain or Period Cramps or Menstrual Cramps.
The actual dictionary meaning of dysmenorrhea is bad menstruation. Dysmenorrhea is made of two ancient Greek words:
- dys – meaning bad or unfortunate
- emminorroia – meaning menstruation
In Hindi, dysmenorrhea is know as कष्टार्तव (Kashtaatarv).
While you are here, we recommend you know dysmenorrhea (painful periods) symptoms, causes and treatment with these 3 posters from #WhySufferSilently
Do you have any of the following questions?
- What is the cause of dysmenorrhea?
- Is dysmenorrhea dangerous?
- How do you treat dysmenorrhea?
- How do I prevent dysmenorrhea?
- Why are my periods so painful?
- How do I get rid of period pain?
Disclaimer: The contents of this blog have been simplified to enable an elementary understanding of dysmenorrhea (painful periods). This blog does not constitute medical advice.